The 2019 National Civic Leadership Forum
As an Asian American Organization Leader, you are cordially invited to join the upcoming National Civic Leadership Forum (NCLF) in Washington DC on August 15-18, 2019. This NCLF event is sponsored by Civic Leadership USA (CLUSA) and Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affair (APAPA) and supported by many AAPI organizations.
The long term goal of the NCLF is to build unity among a diverse group of AAPI to fight against racial bias and achieve equality for the AAPI community. The forum will provide a platform for our community to interact and build trust through collaboration. It is also an opportunity to show strength and unity and to interact and work with Congressional Members and the White House on issues pertaining to the AAPI community. The theme of this Forum is “Empowering Asian American & Pacific Islanders for 2020” – the year that the AAPI community will make a difference.
At this Forum, you will
- Hear Keynotes by US Representatives: Ted Lieu, Judy Chu, Lloyd Doggert & Andy Kim; Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao; Fmr chief of Staff to Michelle Obama Tina Tchen, Community Leaders: C-100 President Frank H. Wu and others；
- Mingle with other AAPI leaders from around the country;
- Gain insights in elected and appointed political or non-political leadership positions and learn the best practices;
- Be trained for an effective congressional visit;
- Meet top level invited Congressional & White House members: Speaker Nancy Pelosi; US Senator Mitch McConnell, US Rep. Lloyd Doggert, US Rep. Judy Chu, etc.;
- Be empowered by the unity of diverse AAPI community.
Please register for the NCLF through our website (Invitation Only. Free Registration. Travel subsidy up to $1000 for qualified organization sending their top executive officers.)
Please note: There are two venues that the Forum will be held: Crowne Plaza Crystal City Washington DC (September 15, 16, & 18) and the Rayburn House Office Building (September 17).
50 Guest rooms are blocked in Crowne Plaza from September 15-18 at $165/night. Please contact us at 2019NCLF@gmail.com should you want to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
To recognize the outstanding civic engagement services provided by our AAPI organizations, we have created 3 community awards to be given in our event. Please submit your nomination using the attached application form.
Looking forward to meeting with you and learning together,
Dr. SK Lo
2019 NCLF Planning & Steering Committee Chair
For more detailed information, please check the link at https://bit.ly/2KvMYr8
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.