- To build strong relationship between government and Asian Pacific Islander American community
- To train, empower and connect Asian Pacific Islander American students in civic engagement
- To develop Asian Pacific Islander American civic leaders and build network and pipeline of Asian Pacific Islander Americans in government offices
- Organizations must verify their eligibility before they submit proposals. Please use the organization verification link to do so.
- Grant applicant needs to have or plan to have a civic internship program in 2022, which trains and empowers high school students and/or college students and/or graduate school students in civic engagement area and places them in government/government agency/legislative offices for at least 80 hours of the internship each student (we can allow no more than 25% of the interns in the program to do government related/civic engagement internship in nonprofit nonpartisan organization verified by us)
For any proposal request less than $10,000, we have a simplified process with application link here.
If you have special budget requirements, or intend to apply for grants more than $10,000, you can choose the standard application form. You will be required to list detailed budget items, and at least 1-1 match of the funding. Please check the application link here.
Grant Application Deadline & Review Process:
Application deadline: For summer internship program, proposal needs to be submitted by 5pm Pacific Time, April 30th, 2022, if you have a different internship program timeline, please reach out to us.
CLUSA board will review and approve/reject the grant applications. An email with the result will be sent to each applicant individually. Official awards will be announced all together on CLUSA website after CLUSA June Board meeting.
CLUSA will provide a centralized online training course for civic internship students and their trainers:
- For organizations with well-established internship training program, you can continue with your own student training
For some organizations, you can mix your own training with our centralized training if needed
- For organizations having difficulties to find student training resources, especially for new internship programs, you can fully utilize our centralized training resources. If you have any difficulties in finding internship placements or recruiting students, please reach out to us.*
*An RFP Q&A session (online) will be provided on March 5th, 2022 at 9am Pacific Time which can walk you through the application procedure and answer any questions you may have.
* This video recording is for you to watch if you didn’t attend this virtual webinar on March 5th, 2022.
- An online RFP Q & A session is available for all applicants on Mar 5, 2022 at 9 am Pacific Time. Please register here.
- Applicants can schedule phone/Zoom meetings with CLUSA staff before proposal deadline (5 PM PCT of Apr 30, 2022) for any inquiry and assistance from program staff‘
- Grantees need to communicate with CLUSA program team for updates, any changes, final reports in a timely manner
Any inquiries, please contact email@example.com or
Qing Bai, Director of Internship Program at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-408-250-8436